Posted on May 6th, 2010 by Allison (In the Garden)

Look what hopped through my garden today, pausing to nibble on the forget-me-nots.

Actually, it was more of a fur ball zooming through the flowers along the rock wall – faster than the squirrels usually are. Once he finally stopped I was able to see he was a very little (if I could catch him, I could easily hold him in one hand) and very, very cute bunny.

What shall I name him, while I still love him?

(I don’t mind a little nibble, but if he devours my flowers I will not like him so much. )

Comments

Michelle on May 6th, 2010 at 6:45 pm

What a sweet lover! How fun that you get to see critters, has the raccoon been back?

Brandon Pearce on May 6th, 2010 at 6:53 pm

Oh! What a cute little bunny! I hope you see more of him, and that he doesn’t eat your flowers. Maybe you can feed him something else as an alternative. We saw a bunny here when we first moved in, but haven’t seen one since.

Jennifer Pearce on May 6th, 2010 at 6:54 pm

Emily and Marie think Ellie would be a good name. :) They think it is a very cute bunny. Emily thinks you should catch the bunny, and Marie thinks you should then bring it to us. Lol!

Allison on May 6th, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Ellie…. what a surprise :)

I’d love to catch him, just to hold and pet him but I don’t think it’s likely. He is very very fast, and very shy.

I have put out a few carrot sticks for him hoping they will be more enticing than the flowers…. we’ll see.

Allison on May 6th, 2010 at 6:59 pm

Michelle, I haven’t seen the raccoon in quite some time…

Ashley Rae on May 6th, 2010 at 8:32 pm

I am in love. He is SO dang adorable. I want to hold him. And Ellie is a sweet name. That has been one of kennedy’s favorite names, lately, as well…

Kristin on May 6th, 2010 at 9:18 pm

I want him in my yard. His ears are not very long yet. I wonder how old he is. What a fun little addition to your garden for Spring.

Robert on May 7th, 2010 at 6:02 am

On Long Island there are rabbits like that everywhere. In the early morning when I took my walks, it was not uncommon to see 5 or 6 in a yard. The bus stop outside my old job had a very tiny one like this one that would come out of the shrubbery every night while I waited to watch me.

We had some very intellectually stimulating conversations..

Paul on May 7th, 2010 at 12:46 pm

He’s very cute now. He’ll grow and get harder to get rid of. But I’m glad that for now you’re hoppy. How about the name Devil in a fur coat.

Chris on May 9th, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I want him in my yard!! He looks like a Clarence. I want to hold him, I hope you can get closer to him as a result of the carrot feeding.

Kathleen on May 10th, 2010 at 5:03 pm

Oh, I love bunnies! He/she is so adorable, I really like the mane elle, too. Do you remember all the cute bunnies my kids had when they were kids?

irene on May 10th, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Oh what a cute little bunny. He looks like the ones that visited my back yard in AZ this past winter. I also saw several on the golf course. They are so small and they don’t look like they could possibly be destructive ( how deceiving looks can be :o) )