Posted on May 21st, 2010 by Allison (Family/Friends, In the Garden, Living in the NW)

I’ve been such a slacker. I’ve taken tons of photos and have lots of things I could be writing about but I just haven’t. No excuses. Just haven’t done it.

No promises, but I will try to rectify that – starting with this entry about a wonderful visit from Ashley & Kennedy in April.

Since their flight arrived at 7pm, our first stop was dinner at Machiavelli’s, where Kennedy ate a huge plate of pasta..

The next day, Kristin joined us as we made the short trek to Mt. Vernon for the tulip festival.

The tulips were beautiful, as usual, but it the weather wasn’t. We faced what felt like freezing cold gale force winds.

Kennedy tried to be brave.

She managed a smile while cuddling with mom.

More soon. Or at least sometime…

Comments

Ashley Rae on May 21st, 2010 at 8:16 am

Oh how I want to go back… when it’s sunny and warm. lol. Regardless of the uncooperative weather, it was still a lot of fun :) Thanks for a fun trip. Those are some cute pictures.

Brandon Pearce on May 21st, 2010 at 8:16 am

Very nice pics. Glad you could have a fun time together. And yes, we want to see more blog posts. :)

Jennifer Pearce on May 21st, 2010 at 8:18 am

Those tulips are sooo beautiful!!! I can feel Kennedy’s pain in the first photo. I get rather grumpy in the cold, and for that matter in the hot too. Lol! Temperature is one of those things I tend to be quite picky about I guess.

Michelle on May 21st, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Gorgeous pictures as usual. That first one of Kennedy frowning made me laugh…I LOVE those pink tulips. The pic of the 4 of you is so CUTE.

Chris on May 24th, 2010 at 11:52 am

Those tulips are unreal! What a great picture of all four of you. Kennedy sure is lucky to have all you fabulous women in her life.

Kathleen on May 25th, 2010 at 3:02 pm

I love the pics. Poor Kennedy, cold but still adorable and photogenic. The tulips are beautiful and I agree the photo’ of the four of you is just lovely.

paul on May 25th, 2010 at 8:27 pm

all of you looking so happy in spite on the cold. that’s really cool.

irene on May 27th, 2010 at 6:16 pm

ditto to everything that was written :o)

Debra on May 28th, 2010 at 6:34 pm

She’s getting so big, Allison! Tulips look great. I’ve always wanted to go see them. Some day I’ll make it up there.