Posted on Jan 9th, 2009 by Allison (Funny Stuff, Whatever)

Often when I go to sleep it’s like going to the movies, as I mentioned in a previous post.   Last night’s feature had me waking up laughing….

Now playing in my dreamsMuch of the dream is too convoluted to try and describe here (though it made perfect sense while I was asleep) but there were a couple of scenes worth sharing.

This dream began with me visiting Michelle’s home in Arizona.   There was a big upcoming event she was planning/preparing for – a wedding, I believe.

In this scene, we were hanging out in her living room, which had an alarmingly 70’s feel to it.  Think brown bricked fireplace, rust colored carpet.   And she had a big flat screen TV sitting in the middle of the floor, which Tim was watching, that had an unusual/interesting feature.  She could slide a row of votive candles into a slot at the bottom, and you could see them glowing through the base of the tv.

Michelle and the blanket catsAll of a sudden, she turned and picked up a blanket and announced (in her “talking to cats” voice), “It’s time for kitties in a blanket….” and proceeded to scoop up two cats (Fatness and one other), cradling them in a blanket  “… to get their Vitamin D!”

As she walked over to the door to take the cats out into the sun, I thought “what the hell is she doing???”… I pointed out, “Um… Michelle, it’s night.  There is no sun.”    Of course we both burst out laughing.

What makes this particularly funny is that it is something I can totally imagine happening!

In the next scene, Michelle was trying on potential outfits to wear to the formal affair.  She looked rather hot it a china blue stretch-satin number…  it was quite short, form fitting, and had a round cutout in the lower back area.  We all thought it was a very good choice since it showed off her tattoos

The blue dressInitially,  it appeared she just had some deep red cursive writing (not sure what it said – something relating to her love for Tim I believe… or perhaps her devpotion to Fatness) along her very, very low back… but then I noticed she also had several larger, graffiti-like tattoos higher up on her back.     So, what did it say, Michelle?

She wasn’t sure she liked the jacquard, champaign colored jacket that went with it, but we noticed the blue perfectly matched the blue dresses that Chris, Sween and Erica were wearing.     I won’t go into the event itself, but suffice it to say that it didn’t go as planned, photographer missed shooting pics of bouquet throwing, desserts ended up on the floor and I kept wishing that Scott Sheffield would return the crystal serving platter I’d lent him, so we could use it for the remaining desserts. But everyone looked awesome in their China blue satin.

So, have you any interesting dreams recently you’d like to share?

Comments

Ashley Rae on January 9th, 2009 at 11:34 pm

LOLOLOL!!! Kitties in a blanket… for vitamin D?? Oh, mother. Your dreams are always so comical and you remember them so vividly.

Yes, Michelle, what DO your tattoos actually say, hm????

LOL…

Allison on January 10th, 2009 at 3:44 am

Actually, in the dream she said it was time to get their Vitamin K – but I knew it was Vitamin D she meant. I think “k” just sounded better.

Michelle on January 10th, 2009 at 9:03 am

When you said “kitties in a blanket” I immediately thought of the delicious pigs in a blanket….hotdogs wrapped in dough and baked..lol. Yes, sadly this dream isn’t far from the reality known as the teenagehood of Alli and Michelle. I love the pic of me, Fatness and unknown cat in a triangle with shaded edges, beautiful! I’m so jealous that you always seem to remember your dreams vividly. My tattoo says in cursive “Fatness + Tim + Michelle = Forever Love”

Something odd about your description of the stretchy blue material with a cut out back, I HAD A SHIRT JUST LIKE THAT and actually wore it to a party when Tim and I were dating 10 years ago….the backless part was a small circle that tied at the neck, not quite the immodest thing you described but similar enough to be very weird…..

Thanks for my very hearty laugh of the day.

p.s. Tim and I were watching a movie last night where the teenage girl (circa 1970’s) dressed up her friend (boy) in make up and jacket to look like David Bowie and I said to Tim “Allison and I did stuff like that to boys all the time” he didn’t believe me and I said “OH YES, we did! In fact, they even dressed up for tea parties with us in suits and ties” LOL LOL

paul on January 10th, 2009 at 10:45 am

Allison hon, you need to back away from the crystal meth. I can wake up from a dream in a cold sweat and not remember why. One dream that constantly replays, however, is the one where I’m back in Utah and for different reasons in each dream, I can’t get back home to California. That one has played ever since I moved back to Utah from San Fransico. I don’t remember any details. It may have included cats and tatoos, but there’s much more of a chance that it included backless dresses.

Kristin on January 10th, 2009 at 2:15 pm

Allison & I have ALWAYS dreamt like this. We can tell you just about every morning what our dreams were about the night before, in detail. They are always very vivid. My husband only remembers his dreams if they are nightmares that wake him up and he tells me about it right then. Otherwise, he has no clue. But Allison & I… Truly, it is like dreamtime theatre.

Ashley Rae on January 11th, 2009 at 10:39 am

Ok, yes. My dreams also tend to be quite vivid and easy to remember. However, they are usually so strange that it’s difficult to explain. For example:

Last night, David Bowie was in my dream. He was dressed in a pin-striped navy blue 2 pc suit, his hair was short and white and spiky, and he looked to be in his mid 50’s. We were in some big room, maybe an auditorium, and there was a camera crew taking pictures of him. Everyone looked at him with complete reverence and adoration as he stood there smiling for the camera. Odd. Then the scene switched to me being in some movie, in a mall, with these 2 men (minus Mr. Bowie) who were trying to kill each other as we were running up and down stairs and in and out of stores. Luckily neither of them succeeded in their task. Oh. And we were all naked, but it was perfectly normal in my dream.

THEN I was at some girl’s house with one of my friends (I don’t recall which friend) near downtown Salt Lake, and I had told her that her house was set up very much like my late great-grandmother’s (Gma Arave) old house, except it wasn’t at all. And I asked the girl if the area was safe, and she got really frustrated and said “Yes, it is. It’s annoying that everyone says it’s not. The cops and helicopters come around looking for gang members but they never find any, of course. It’s very frustrating.” And we discussed how the house next door was only $120,000 and that I should buy it. It was 1300 square feet and it had light green siding.

In another part of my dream I was with my dad and his family and I was rock-climbing a giant purple statue of a hippo. And another part of the dream I went to work and they were having some huge Valentine’s Day party and I felt so bad because I didn’t make Valentine’s for anyone. And there was much more, but I think I’ll stop there.

So yes, I definitely have vivid dreams. They’re just very… random…

craigthegrey on January 11th, 2009 at 11:41 am

You know, Ashley, those sound pretty normal…, but then I’m used to hearing about people moving on conveyor belts to Russia and being stuck on giant toilet seats…

Ashley Rae on January 11th, 2009 at 12:23 pm

LOL Yes, I remember hearing about the conveyor belts. Ha ha
Justin has had many giant toilet dreams… I think it’s tied to his fear of public restrooms.

Robert on January 11th, 2009 at 1:06 pm

It’s quite healthy to fear public restrooms… I loathe them.

irene on January 11th, 2009 at 5:02 pm

LOL it runs in the family ;o)

Chris on January 12th, 2009 at 8:46 am

That wasn’t a dream, Allison, that is Michelle’s house on any given day!

And please do more photoshop collages of her and cats, they are priceless.

I can’t beleive you remember your dreams so clearly the next day, mine are all a jumble, if I remember at all.

Robert on January 12th, 2009 at 6:48 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t remember dreams. I was beginning to think I had no soul. Now I know there are others..

Chris on January 13th, 2009 at 11:43 am

Robert, I think Allison and her ilk are the more unusual ones for remembering so vividly. Or maybe that’s what I tell myself to feel normal. I do think my soul remains intact even when I don’t remember mine.

kaylyn on January 13th, 2009 at 4:30 pm

I love to hear about peoples dreams. I haven’t had any crazy ones lately, but next time I do I’ll share!

Robert on January 13th, 2009 at 5:57 pm

I remember once that I had a dream of my boss, Letty Flatt, the pastry chef at Deer Valley ski resort…. on stage singing, and Dolly Parton was her backup… LOL..

Robert on January 13th, 2009 at 5:58 pm

Chris, I think you’re right.. I don’t think most people remember their dreams, and that Allison and Kristin and Ashley are unique..

Whew! I feel better already..

Ashley Rae on February 8th, 2009 at 8:33 am

Last night I had some dreams worth sharing:

(first part): I was at some small party/social gathering, and Barack & Michelle were there to mingle with everyone. So I was waiting in a small line to meet them. As I approached them I told them who I was and that I was so happy he was our president. And then I was like, hyperventilating, because I guess I was so excited. They were looking at me like I was some psychopath. I was very mad at myself. Obama said “Are you ok? It looks like maybe you should lie down for a bit.” But I told him I’d be ok in a while. And after a while, I was ok and would have been composed enough to actually approach him without going crazy. But he had already left (probably to avoid another encounter with the crazy lady).

(second part): Kennedy and I were at your place, outside, and we were looking at the beautiful flowers. There was one in particular we were admiring- the Clematis, of course. Except it wasn’t on a vine. It was just growing up out of the ground, with many other buds- kind of like cosmos. The flower that caught our eye was bright blue/purple. However, it looked as if at the base of each petal, there was a spider- as if the flower were breeding spiders. Each color of flower had a different type/color of spider on it. Kennedy kept reaching out to touch them and they’d cling to her finger and she’d shake them off onto the ground. We were all kind of grossed out. Not scared, but grossed out and curious. Does this happen with every clematis? At the same time, you and I said “Let’s look it up on google!” And you said “Isn’t the internet wonderful?” 🙂 And we found out that spiders aren’t bred BY Clematises, but rather they are comfortable places for the eggs to hatch and for the baby spiders to grow. And these spiders were definitely full grown, so they had been there for a long time. Just chillin. Then we debated on whether we should spray the spiders and risk killing the beautiful clematis (we’re talking about 50 massive spiders, here) or just leaving them.

Thought I’d share those with you 🙂

Allison on February 8th, 2009 at 1:54 pm

Ashley, those are hysterical. I’m glad the spiders didn’t bite Kennedy!

Ashley Rae on February 8th, 2009 at 2:49 pm