Posted on Apr 1st, 2009 by Allison (Funny Stuff, Politics / Social Issues)

The more I see and hear of Fox News rising star, Glenn Beck, the more I think he’s lost it. I really wonder if all his fans really buy into his “the end is near” rantings or are merely entertained by his ridiculousness.

Stephen Colbert to the rescue… after his brilliant parody of Glenn’s “War Room“, last night he took on the hypocricy of the 9.12 project – and offered up his own hilarious 10.31 project in response. Enjoy.

The Colbert Report Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
The 10/31 Project
comedycentral.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes Political Humor NASA Name Contest

Comments

Michelle on April 2nd, 2009 at 7:54 am

Oh lord. Beck is such a bafoonish clown, what a dolt. Thank God for people like Colbert…10.31 project, perfect. I cannot stand to even look at Glenn Beck, he and Rush are idiots.

Kathleen on April 2nd, 2009 at 3:16 pm

Amen Michelle. They make my stomach turn and my blood curdle! Go Colbert!

Kristin on April 2nd, 2009 at 5:21 pm

These are complete idiots – what is more scary than Glenn & Rush are that seemingly normal, sensible people actually listen to them and/or buy into their nonsense.

I think Rush Limbaugh has stooped too an even lower point than I thought possible recently (though his behavior/comments re: Michael J Fox a while back were appalling).

Please, people. Don’t listen to these idiots.

Robert on April 3rd, 2009 at 5:38 am

I’ve never heard of this person. I’ve never watched, nor would I watch, Fox News. It is not a legitimate news site. Those who admire and follow people like Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter get their ‘reality’ from this source. And most of us know that is not reality.

But watching the clip above, it is shocking to me how fake and theatrical this guy is.

Kudos to Colbert for mocking him.

Kathleen on April 3rd, 2009 at 12:47 pm

Glenn Beck is a former alcoholic and druggie who found Jesus. Specifically, the mormon Jesus. The “saints” love him. He is their poster child at the moment for what we all could become if we but follow the repent and follow the Lord. Move over Gladys Knight! He is known for his hell fire and damnation talks and his crying at the drop of the hat if anyone mentions America, 9/11 or patriotism. His books are in Desert book and are a hit. (of course Dr. Laura’s latest book in being sold there too.) Although, I can’t imagine many mormon women are going to buy her advice on being a stay at home mom, especially in these hard economic times. What a crock!

craig on April 3rd, 2009 at 4:07 pm

Thanks for the insight Kathy…I just watched this video and knew I recognized that “Mormon speak” fake tearing up crap just to get attention in testimony meeting…what drama. Colbert is a genious. I love him. Especially when someone goes on his show thinking he really is on their “right-wing team”. I’m with you Robert. I would never watch anything on Fox news. They are pitifully blind to seeing things the way they are.

Robert on April 3rd, 2009 at 4:10 pm

It doesn’t surprise me that Mormons are buying Dr. Laura or this nut…

Jean on April 5th, 2009 at 6:33 am

No Suprize to you but I like Dr. Laura and Glenn Beck….Don’t care for Rush Limbaugh though..

Robert on April 5th, 2009 at 7:04 am

You’re right, it’s no surprise to me… but why would it be?

Josh on April 6th, 2009 at 1:00 pm

Glenn Beck is worse than Limbaugh because he’s better at making his followers listen without question. Limbaugh, at least, is so vile ostentatious that many rightfully see him as what he is: A entertainer and fight-starter. But Beck is much sneakier about it. He hooks people in with his “sympathetic” tears and squeaky-clean change of lifestyle … But then he says something like “I’m starting to hate the Katrina victims more than the 9/11 victims.”

Yes, he said that. Listen for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf33g9ep4YU

Robert on April 6th, 2009 at 5:43 pm

Yeah.. what is there to like or respect about that? It’s like Ann Coulter slamming the 9/11 widows. Have these people no class?

Robert on April 11th, 2009 at 5:26 am

Okay, was browsing around online today and came across this vidoe of a ‘Beck Teabag party.’

These people are scary… How is it that in this day and age people can be so irrational?

So Obama wants to brainwash us all now… LOL..

The gay community has been having a big laugh at the word they’re using to describe themselves… tea baggers… For those of you who know what it means isn’t it just a bit of poetic imagry for these folks? Rachel Maddow tried hard not to laugh when referring to the term but finally gave up and laughed out loud.

This whole thing is funny and scary at the same time..

Robert on April 11th, 2009 at 6:22 am

Here’s a pretty good follow up by Rachel Maddow on the whole teabagging movement:

Allison on April 11th, 2009 at 4:11 pm

Yes, the whole ‘teabagging’ thing is ridiculously silly and very poetic imagery…. particularly since, as Rachel pointed out, in the past six weeks Obama has given the largest middle-class tax cut in history…..

Fools…… (and, might i add, that Glenn Beck is a total freak?)

**If you don’t know what teabagging means, google it 🙂

Robert on April 11th, 2009 at 4:17 pm