Posted on Aug 30th, 2009 by Allison (Family/Friends)

Michelle as artMichelle arrived on Thursday. Yeah!

There’s just nothing like spending time with a friend of 30 years. It’s been pretty much non-stop giggling, intermingled with some tears and a lot of oohing and aaahing over the beauty of the northwest.   Here are some highlights from Friday.

We toured Chateau Ste. Michelle winery and explored the lovely grounds.   Michelle found herself moved by some of the local art and attempted to become one with the art. How do you think she did?

Michelle loves hydrangeasShe also fondled any hydrangea shrub in her path.   She mentioned she wished she’d named Erica Hydrangea, and I suggested she begin calling her that right away. Maybe it will stick as her new name.

As we wandered the grounds, we were serenaded by John Legend’s band – they were warming up for the concert being held at the winery that night.   We also observed an interesting fashion trend, which I’m hoping Michelle will blog about soon.

My 5 dollar bouquet
We spent a little time at the Farmers Market at Country Village, where I picked up another fabulous $5 bouquet of fresh flowers.

We enjoyed some good Chinese food at the Zen Garden restaurant in Mill Creek.

Then returned home, hung up my cool orange lights, lit a few candles and spent a couple of hours on the patio listening to 70’s music, reminiscing, laughing, crying and sharing a bottle of 2007 Muscat Canelli we picked up from the winery.

Of course, the spent the first 30 minutes  setting up the tripod and posing in attempt to capture the mood of the evening….  LOL…

Enjoying a lovely evening on the patio

All in all, a fabulous day. So glad you’re here Michelle!

Comments

Ron Vigard on August 30th, 2009 at 7:47 am

Discovering the Silence of the Clams was a wonderful surprise. Ron

Jennifer Pearce on August 30th, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Looks like such a nice time together. What a blessing to have such a treasured friend for all those years.

Robert on August 30th, 2009 at 5:26 pm

Minus any bugs being attracted by the lights, it looks so relaxing…

Chris on August 30th, 2009 at 9:34 pm

I am anxiously awaiting more details on the fashion trend….

Lovely lights and lovely ladies. 😀 So glad you girlies has fun this weekend.

Erica on August 30th, 2009 at 9:44 pm

Looks like you guys are having lots of fun! Zach was asking about my mom’s plans this weekend and I said, “She’s visiting Allison, her best friend. They act CRAZY together.” He asked me to explain and I simply couldn’t. I told him he’d have to witness it first hand some day.

And of course I will gladly answer to hydrangea.

Ashley Rae on August 31st, 2009 at 9:41 am

Aw, how fun!! I love the pictures.

And yes, Erica is right. You just can’t explain the wonderful craziness.

irene on August 31st, 2009 at 6:36 pm

I’m so happy you could spend a couple of days together.You have always had such fun together. Thanks for the pictures.:o)

Kathleen on September 3rd, 2009 at 1:22 pm

How wonderful that the two of you could share this time together. I love the picture of the pair of you on the patio.

Allison on September 3rd, 2009 at 2:46 pm

Rob, the only bug that bothered us was a big spider. And he only bothered us because we didn’t like him, and he disappeared and we didn’t know where he went….. but no bugs were out flying around. I think the lights are too dim to attract them.