Posted on Feb 27th, 2010 by Allison (Family/Friends)

Two of my granddaughters are currently living in Costa Rica (with their parents, of course) and have started blogs to share their adventures.

This is Emily, age 6…  and this is her blog, Emily in the Jungle.

Emily - age 6 Emily In The Jungle

This is Marie, age 4… and her blog, Riding A Butterfly.
MarieRiding A Butterfly

I’m loving reading what they have to say and hope you will too. Stop by and say hi!

Comments

Jean on February 27th, 2010 at 12:54 am

I have really enjoyed reading their blogs. What wonderful adventures they are having !

Allison on February 27th, 2010 at 1:52 am

Jean, when are you going to start a blog? It’s easy, and free… just go to http://wordpress.com (more versatile) or http://www.blogger.com/ (maybe easier) and sign up!

Emily Pearce on February 27th, 2010 at 7:31 am

Hey Grandma Alli! Thanks for telling everybody about my blog!

Marie Pearce on February 27th, 2010 at 7:35 am

Thank you for telling people about my blog and I really like it when you do that for me and I really appreciate that and I really really want you to visit us someday.

Brandon Pearce on February 27th, 2010 at 7:39 am

Having parents who blog, the girls naturally wanted their own. At first I wondered if they were old enough, but then figured, “Why not?” It could be a good chance for them to express themselves and their feelings about Costa Rica, as well as good practice with writing, reading, typing, and more.

So far, Emily has been typing all of her own posts. She uses the Firefox built-in spell checker, and asks for help when needed. Marie is dictating to us for now, and it’s pretty cute to hear what she has to say.

Thanks for your help sprucing up their blog headers. They look much cuter now! The girls sure enjoy reading people’s comments. (But who doesn’t like comments on their blog?) 🙂

Jennifer Pearce on February 27th, 2010 at 7:40 am

The girls were really excited to see their pictures and blogs that you posted here. Thank you! 🙂

Robert on February 27th, 2010 at 11:34 am

Not to be an alarmist, but…. we rented a dvd from the library on Costa Rica (they had them on almost all of Latin American countries), because I wanted little Javier to see it since that is where his mother is from….

And they have some seriously deadly snakes there. So when the girls are playing in the yard or hiking, be careful…. My understanding is a bit leaves you only moments to live. And in a tropical jungle environment, they are likely plentiful.

paul on February 27th, 2010 at 2:31 pm

That is to cutest thing ever. What a life experience, living in anothr country. I would love that and hope to be able to do that somtime before I die. even with the snakes

Ashley Rae on February 28th, 2010 at 11:38 am

They are so adorable. I love reading their blogs 🙂

Brandon Pearce on February 28th, 2010 at 6:43 pm

@Robert – There are a few types poisonous snakes in Costa Rica, but it’s not common to run into them, especially in the high elevations where we’re at, and most are nocturnal.

The most poisonous snake here could kill you in 7 hours, but if you can make it to a hospital, they do have anti-venom shots, fortunately.

A few weeks ago, we actually went to a Snake museum and got to hold a snake! See my blog post at:

Chris on March 3rd, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Those are adorable!! Costa Rica looks beautiful, and so are your grand-daughters, what sweeties.